Several FreeNAS® mailing lists are available which allow users and developers to ask and answer questions related to the topic of the mailing list. To post an email to a list, you will need to subscribe to it first. Each mailing list is archived, allowing you to browse for information by date, thread name, or author.
The following mailing lists are available:
- Freenas-announce: this is a low-volume, read-only list where major milestones, such as new releases, are announced.
- Freenas-commit: this is a read-only list. As code changes in the FreeNAS® repository, the commit message is automatically sent to this list.
- Freenas-devel: FreeNAS® developers are subscribed to this list. Technical questions about the current FreeNAS® release can be posted here.
- Freenas-testing: FreeNAS® developers are subscribed to this list. Technical questions about the upcoming FreeNAS release and feedback on testing snapshots can be posted here.
- Freenas-translations: this list is for discussion regarding FreeNAS® localization and translating FreeNAS documentation.
Archives of the mailing lists are available from Gmane which allows you to read the archives in various formats (blog style, news reader style) and to subscribe to RSS feeds for the lists.