The Network section of the administrative GUI contains the following components for viewing and configuring the FreeNAS® system's network settings:
- Global Configuration: used to to set non-interface specific network settings.
- Interfaces: used to configure a specified interface's network settings.
- IPMI: provides side-band management should the appliance become unavailable through the graphical administrative interface.
- Link Aggregations: used to configure link aggregation and link failover.
- Network Summary: provides an overview of the current network settings.
- Static Routes: used to add static routes.
- VLANs: used to configure IEEE 802.1q tagging.
Each of these is described in more detail in this section.